PROVIDING STRATEGIC ISR WITH A TACTICAL FOOTPRINT
Koios is an operationally proven, highly compact, medium-sized S2 Vertical Take-off and Landing (VTOL) platform offering strategic Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities with a tactical footprint over a range of up to 750km and an endurance of up to 10 hours. Runway independent, the platform can be pre-flight checked and launched anywhere in 10 minutes using only two operators.
Designed, manufactured, and developed by Callen-Lenz, Koios delivers operational flexibility and outstanding, proven performance and can support missions across the global defence and civil markets.
Why choose Koios?
- Small logistical footprint: Stored in two ruggedised boxes for ease of transportation for missions on the go
- Custom-configuration: Readily tailored to meet a customer’s operational requirements
- Full mission autonomy: launched and operated with minimal operator workload
- Support for manned assets: Successful experience operating with manned aircraft via a Manned-Unmanned Teaming (MUM-T) demonstration
- Readily adaptable: Koios can be easily configured to run off a variety of readily available heavy fuels
- Endurance: 6-10 hours
- Range: 750 km
- Speed: 50 knots
- MTOW: 32 kg
- Payload: 7 kg
- Engine Type: 35 cc heavy fuel engine
- Flight control system: SkyCircuits SC3 autopilot
- Wingspan: 4 m
- Length: 2.4 m
Data Link: Callen-Lenz fit avionics tailored to customer needs. The current commercial off the shelf Koios utilises MPU5, providing the platform 150km operational range, telemetry and near real-time video feed back to the Ground Control Station (GCS).
Koios can support a wide range of payload capabilities, including but not limited to: Electro Optical, Infrared, Multi-spectral, Radio rebroadcaster, Satellite phone locator, Communications system intercept and GPS anti-jamming system.
- Convoy Protection
- Tactical ISR
- Early intelligence and warning
- Manned Unmanned Teaming (MUM-T)
- Border protection
- Wildfire monitoring
- Disaster response
- Search and Rescue
- Agricultural monitoring