a flight proven, closed source and highly capable mission management system,
SkyCircuits is a wholly owned subsidiary of Callen-Lenz that delivers high integrity, flexible autopilots
and avionics for unmanned and manned aircraft, all underpinned by in-house software development
teams capable of producing complex bespoke solutions.
The latest SkyCircuits autopilot, SC3 is a flight proven, closed source and highly capable mission
management system, that allows platforms to operate with minimal pilot workload whilst
maximising Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and payload capabilities.
The SC3 is an advanced autopilot for the Koios airframe, designed and manufactured in
house as well as for multirotor, rotary wing, fixed-wing, hybrid fixed wing and hybrid tilt wing
operations. The SC3 is also capable of rapid integration with novel offboard systems, facilitated
through powerful software interfaces for demanding flight control.
The SC3 features proven technology to meet demanding flight control computations, whilst
supporting the navigation and communication of your mission.
SC3 features a twin computer design with high-performance automotive automotive-grade ARM®
Cortex®-R-based microcontrollers (MCU) providing flight control. A companion processor on a
separate board handles ground control station communications as well as navigation.
The autopilot uses a hardware base that is split by functionality, to allow the use of lower integrity
systems for non-flight critical elements of the UAS as well as higher integrity elements for the flight
- Integrates with ground and air node radios via ethernet or Wi-Fi connection
- Fully customisable and readily tailored to optimise customer requirements
- Small form-factor
- Automotive grade TMS570 Cortex ® R5F dual-lockstep processor
- Supported by NXP iMX7 processor handing navigation, communications, payload
control, and more
- Multiple connector options including MIL Spec (to customer specification)
- Third party applications and custom code can be run, allowing communication to
sensors and payload
- Utilise the Simulink modelling tool for hardware or software in-the-loop testing